Senior Pastor Job Posting
Who we are
Milliken Wesleyan Methodist Church (MWMC) is part of The Wesleyan Church denomination under the Central Canada District. We strive to honour God, confessing Jesus is Lord, through various forms of praise and worship, thoughtful teaching, opportunities for spiritual growth, leadership development, compassionate outreach and service. Located in Markham, Ontario, our multicultural congregation of approximately 120 attendees represents 25 flags from around the world with the Caribbean nations and the Philippines having the largest representation. Our facilities are shared with The Tamil Christian Church of Canada and other church related groups as well as the Montessori Town Centre Private School which is housed in the education wing of the site.
What is Our Need
While our aging congregation gives us the benefits of wisdom, experience, and stability, we recognize that the church needs to be reseeded with young people and young families. With God’s guidance, the Milliken Wesleyan Methodist Church is looking for a Full-time Senior Pastor to work alongside the Local Board of Administrators (LB) and Lay Leaders to provide leadership and direction in fulfilling the general and specific vision and mission of the Church, and to guide people into a deeper relationship with Jesus.
A Christ centred church growing outward and growing younger
Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Pastor is the spiritual servant-leader of the church, thus setting the conditions for people to come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour, and for their relationship in Christ to grow. They must be guided by the Scriptures and adhere to the governing guidelines outlined in the Wesleyan Church Discipline. The Pastor will ensure that systems, practices, and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
Senior Pastor Essential Characteristics
Given the church’s vision and Senior Pastor roles and responsibilities, the Essential characteristics for the Senior Pastor must include:
- Deeply Spiritual; having a rich personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is reflected in Christ- like personality traits such as the Fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23)
- Well-developed biblically-based and challenging preaching, evangelical and outreach skills
- Ability to attract and pastor youth and young families
- Strong Pastoral Care and counselling skills
- Strong Leadership and Visionary skills
- Undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies from an accredited Bible College or University
Senior Pastor Asset Characteristics
Asset characteristics include (but are not limited to):
- Relates to, embraces and can grow a multi-cultural congregation
- Committed to Christian Education and Discipleship
- Has organizational, team-building, interpersonal, and staff training skills
- Is worship arts and technology oriented
- Graduate degree in Biblical Studies from an accredited Bible College, University, or Seminary
Covering Letter and Resume
Please provide a cover letter with examples or evidence of how you align with Milliken’s vision, and the stated Essential and Asset Characteristics that we seek in Senior Pastor. Your resume should include (but not be limited to) Education, Employment History & Experience, Skills & Abilities, Publications and list of major Oral Presentations, Hobbies and Interests. These will be considered in the selection process. Please send resume to email@example.com.