June 5, 2022
Welcome to Milliken!
Happy Day of Pentecost!
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. -Matthew 16: 17-19 (KJV)
Visit and Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to watch us live or afterward.
Worship in Song
“The Church’s One Foundation”
“Build Your Church”
1 Corinthians 16:9-11(NIV)
Worship In Song
“Holy Spirit Rain Down”
Time of Prayer
“A Great Door Has Opened”
“I Give You My Heart”
Closing Remarks/ Benediction
Children’s Church now in person and online!
- Children’s church has moved to 10:30am.
- This meeting will be for both in-person and online to allow for any children who will be in attendance at church to join in online as well.
- We will set up in the Fellowship Room for the children to gather where they will be able to participate in Virtual Children’s Church with other children who will be joining from home.
If you have a prayer request and would like it to be spoken or unspoken respectively, there is a box located at the main entrance where you may place your requests and we will be actively praying for for the needs made away to us.
Staff and Volunteers Meeting Today After Church!
Local Church Conference
Milliken Church will have a Local Church Conference on Wednesday, June 15 @ 7:00pm. All members who are able are asked to mark their calendars and attend.
Pastor Eddie’s Installation Service
- Our new Senior Pastor will be officially installed as Pastor of Milliken Church on Sunday, June 19, 2022 (Father’s Day). Our District Superintendent will be present and all are invited to come.
- This is Father’s Day and to celebrate, we would like to organize our first in person time of fellowship by restarting our annual Father’s Day Barbecue! Details of this even will be updated as we get closer to June.
Youth Camp Event in July!
Attention MWMC Youth! We would like for you to come to a special Youth event that would be our first excursion since 2020! This Youth Camp will be from July 27- August 1. Pastor Eddie will provide details of this even in the next coming weeks.
Worship Arts Team
We have been blessed with a wonderful team of volunteers who have committed their gifts to serving the Lord in this capacity. We would love for more of you to join our Worship Arts Team. Here are 3 reasons why you should join:
1) A place to develop your gifts and be equipped to serve
2) Wonderful team of believers who support each other and pray for each other
3) Youth Alert! If you are looking to gain credits toward your volunteer service, this is a great way for you to earn those credits!
For more information, please visit www.millikenchurch.org for details on these areas of service.
Offering During COVID-19
Please remember Tithes and Offerings can be submitted in person or online. If you would like to arrange a personal drop off please call 905-475-3579. Please make an appointment before a drop off is made to ensure someone will be present to receive it. Leave a message and someone will confirm your arrangements. You may also visit us at www.millikenchurch.org and select GIVE. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
Sermon: “A Great Door Has Opened”
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 16:9-11
Speaker: Pastor Eddie Jjumba
This Week at MWMC
Sun. June 5
Milliken Worship Service & Livestream @10:00 am
Children’s Church Online @ 10:30am
*In-person and Online service. Children who are at church will be dismissed to join others online.*
*Volunteer Meeting follows in the Sanctuary. Lunch follows.*
Tue. June 7
Time to Pray via Zoom @ 7:15 pm
Sign up on our website at www.millikenchurch.org/contact to get connected to our group to receive Zoom link
Wed. June 1
Bible Study via Zoom
No Bible Study this week. Our Meeting has concluded for a time, but we will alert you when the new study will begin. Sign up on our website www.millikenchurch.org/contact to get connected to our group to receive Zoom link
MWMC Youth @7:30pm
Join us as we continue our theme of the season: “Having the Mind of Christ.”
Sun. June 12
Worship Service & Livestream @ 10:00 am
Children’s Church Online @ 10:30am
*In-person and Online service*
Last Sunday Statistics
Online Viewers: 98
In-Person Attendance : 55
Offering Last Sunday : $3472.13
About Milliken Church
Milliken Wesleyan Methodist Church is a welcoming community that values diversity. We strive to honour God, confessing Jesus is Lord, through various forms of praise and worship, thoughtful teaching, opportunities for spiritual growth, leadership development, compassionate outreach and service.
Visit our contact page for more information and ways to get in touch with us!