March 20, 2022
Welcome to Milliken!
This is the Season of Lent
Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. – Joel 2:13
Visit and Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to watch us live or afterward.
Psalm 63:1-11 (NIV)
Worship in Song
Time of Prayer
Luke 13:1-9 (NIV)
“Family Matters: The Perilous State of an Unrepentant Heart “
Song of Reflection
“O Come To The Altar”
Closing Remarks/ Benediction
March 20- Pastor Aza Butcher
March 27-Pastor Stephen Rollins
April 3- Pastor Eddie Jjumba
Mid-Week Lenten Services
Mid-week services will be conducted during the season of Lent, every Wednesday from March 2- April 13 at 7:30pm.
Those who wish to attend must pre-register to meet guideline restrictions. Please make your reservation by calling 905-475-3579 and leave a message with a contact number so we may confirm your attendance.
WE ARE OPEN!
Sunday, March 27 @ 10:00am
- In-person worship will begin! While mask mandates will be lifted, we are suggesting that we continue to wear masks for a little while longer
- Easter Lilies will be decorating our sanctuary platform in April and are available to be collected Easter Sunday, April 17 after the Morning Worship Service. To place your order, please leave a message for our administrative team with the number of potted lilies you would like to collect. Donations for the lilies will start at $15.
WELCOME PASTOR EDDIE & FAMILY!
Sunday, April 3rd @ 10:00am
- We are proud to announce that Milliken has a new senior pastor!
- We welcome Pastor Eddie Jjumba, his wife Bernadette, and their 3 children, Kristian, Ithiel and their newborn daughter, Zuri to our Milliken Church Family!
- We look forward to having you join us for this inaugural event!
Worship Arts Team
We have been blessed with a wonderful team of volunteers who have committed their gifts to serving the Lord in this capacity. We would love for more of you to join our Worship Arts Team. Here are 3 reasons why you should join:
1) A place to develop your gifts and be equipped to serve
2) Wonderful team of believers who support each other and pray for each other
3) Youth Alert! If you are looking to gain credits toward your volunteer service, this is a great way for you to earn those credits!
For more information, please visit www.millikenchurch.org for details on these areas of service.
Offering During COVID-19
Please remember Tithes and Offerings can be submitted in person or online. If you would like to arrange a personal drop off please call 905-475-3579. Please make an appointment before a drop off is made to ensure someone will be present to receive it. Leave a message and someone will confirm your arrangements. You may also visit us at www.millikenchurch.org and select GIVE. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
Sermon: “Family Matters: Perspective”
Scripture: Genesis 15:1-12;17-18; Philippians 3:17-4:1
Speaker: Pastor Stephen Rollins
This Week at MWMC
Sun. March 20
Milliken Worship Service & Livestream @10:00 am
Children’s Church Online @ 11:30 am
Tue. March 22
Time to Pray via Zoom @ 7:15 pm
Sign up on our website at www.millikenchurch.org/contact to get connected to our group to receive Zoom link
Wed. March 23
MWMC Mid-week Lenten Service @7:30pm
Join us for an hour of discipleship as we learn disciplines to help shape our relationship with Jesus as we journey through 40 days of reflection and reconciliation
Thurs. March 24
MWMC Youth Online via Zoom @7:30pm
Join us for a time of fellowship and learning life lessons through the Bible
Bible Study via Zoom @ 7:30pm
Bible Study resumes this Wednesday with book: Paul’s Letter to the Romans. Sign up on our website at www.millikenchurch.org/contact to get connected to our group to receive Zoom link
Sat. March 26
Men’s Breakfast @ 9:00am
Sun. March 20
Fourth Sunday of Lent Worship Service & Livestream @ 10:00 am
Children’s Church Online @11:30am
Last Sunday Statistics
Online Viewers: 50
Offering Last Sunday : $3385
About Milliken Church
Milliken Church is part of The Wesleyan Church; an evangelical, holiness group within the Methodist Christian family of denominations. To learn more, visit our website or speak with our pastor.
Milliken Wesleyan Methodist Church is a welcoming community that values diversity. We strive to honour God, confessing Jesus is Lord, through various forms of praise and worship, thoughtful teaching, opportunities for spiritual growth, leadership development, compassionate outreach and service.
Visit our contact page for more information and ways to get in touch with us!